PRESENT CONTINUOUS

USE: We use PRESENT CONTINUOS to talk about:

1) Moment of Speaking: An activity that is taking place right now.

Example:

- They are reading newspaper.

- She is writing a letter to her friend.

- I am listening to the radio.

2) Temporary Situation: An action which is occurring temporarily or around now.

Example:

- John is staying in Cambodia.

- I am studying at Phnom Penh International University.

- Dara and Kanitha are building a new house.

3) Future Plan: An action that we have already arranged to do in the future.

Example:

- I am flying to the USA this afternoon.

- Kanha is visiting her homeland next week.

- They are having a party tonight.

FORMULA

Positive Sentence:

Subject + be + verb-ing + (object/complement)

Example:

- I am laughing.

- He is speaking English.

- We are feeling bored.

Negative Sentence:

Sub + be + not + verb-ing + (obj/comp)

Example:

- The car is not running properly.

- They are not sleeping.

- I am not going to the market.

Question:

Be + sub + verb-ing + (obj/comp) ?

Example:

- Am I listening to music?

- Is that man talking to Jame?

- Are those people playing sport?