DEDUCTION OF ADJECTIVE CLAUSE

Deduction of adjective clause is divided into two groups:

1) Active Voice Form: If an adjective clause is written in active voice, we omit relative pronoun and verb form is written in present participle (-ing form).

Example:

- I know Mr. Sokha who works in the bank.

- I know Mr. Sokha working in the bank.

Remember:

If an adjective clause is written in perfect tense - have, has, had + V3 + ..., we change to having + V3 +...

Example:

- I know Mr. Sokha who has worked in the bank.

- I know Mr. Sokha having worked in the bank.

2) Passive Voice Form: If an adjective clause is written in passive voice, we omit relative pronoun and verb form in changed to past participle (V3).

Example:

- I speak English which is spoken around the world.

- I speak English spoken around the world.

Remember:

a) Continuous Form: If an adjective clause is written in continuous form, we omit relative pronoun and to be.

We change (Sentence + relative pronoun + be + being + past participle + …) to (Sentence + being + past participle + …).

Example:

- I know Mr. Ratana who is being killed in the meeting. Change to

- I know Mr. Ratana being killed in the meeting.

b) Future Form: If an adjective clause is written in future form, we omit relative pronoun, will and be is changed to being.

We change (Sentence + relative pronoun + will + be + past participle + …) to (Sentence + being + past participle + …).

Example:

- I know Mr. Ratana who will be killed in the meeting tomorrow. Change to

- I know Mr. Ratana being killed in the meeting tomorrow.

c) Perfect Form: If an adjective clause is written in perfect tense - have, has, had + been + V3 +..., we change to having + been + V3.

We change (Sentence + relative pronoun + have/has/had+ been + past participle + …) to (Sentence + having + been + past participle + …).

Example:

- I know Mr. Dara who has been punished in the prison. Change to

- I know Mr. Dara having been punished in the prison.